Friday 10 July 2009

To God.

There was once a man who worked at the post office whose job it was to return letters that were addressed incorrectly. One day he found a letter on his desk that just had "To God" written on the front of the envelope in shaky handwriting. Intrigued, he opened the letter, and it read thus:

"Dear God,
My name is Edna, I am 83 years old. Every year I save up £100 and use it to have a Christmas party for all my friends. But today somebody stole my purse with my £100 in it. It is only 5 days until Christmas and all of our plans have been spoiled. I have never asked for anything from you before but I wondered if this time you could possibly help me?
Yours faithfully,
Edna.

Well the man felt sorry for Edna and passed the letter around to his colleagues. After reading it they decided to have a whip round, and managed to collect £96, which they quickly sent back to Edna's address on the top of the letter, feeling very charitable at this festive time.

Well Christmas came and went, and a few days later another letter appeared on the desk, in the same shaky handwriting, addressed "To God." All the people gathered around the desk excitedly, to see what the letter would reveal. It said:

"Dear God,
Hello this is Edna. I cannot thank you enough for the money you sent to me! Because of your divine intervention we all had a wonderful Christmas, and my friends and I enjoyed ourselves very much. I knew I could have faith in you!
By the way, there seemed to be £4 missing from the envelope. I bet it was those bastards at the post office.
Yours faithfully,
Edna."

1 comment:

Write track said...

laughed out loud! Linda